Hey Everyone jus had a few questions

D

DJ DV8

I have been spinnin for bout 6 months and have finally gotten rid of my belt drives and upgraded to Gemini XL 500 ii but I stil haven't gotten a better mixer...this is where the confusion for me starts. I know there are different mixers for different genres of music what I was wonderin was what is a good mixer for say Trance ---> Tech-Trance ---> Nu Energy (that is what I'll be spinnin) {I need a mixer that will be suitible for all three types of styles}

Other questions I have are since the music sounds good to me it might not be right though so I was wonderin

1) how long should I let a trance track play before I start even mixin in

2) how long should I let them play together while they are crossfaded together (and if for a little bit hopw do I make sure they stay beatmatched with one another)

3) how much of the track should I play?? All, abit or most?>??

Sorry bout all the questions but REALLY need to know I wanna get into spinnin at venues but I wanna sound good to others but jus cuz I think it sounds good doesn't mean it does

Thanx

Mike DJ DV8

Well for mixer id sugges roland dj 1000, or red sound infader, or even the new numark with the kaoss pad built into it.

There isnt a set rule for mixing trance. usually id give a trance set about 3-4 minutes each track. when u mix make sure u play the best portion of each track seperatly.
mixing two tracks together can be anywhere between 1 -3 minutes depending on the song.
use ur headphones to beatmatch

Back