Hep me by reviewing my studio setup befor i buy it :-s

alexsay

I want to use this home studio for recording and producing hiphop music. i research on the internet weeks and i think its great for what i need but i want some opinions form outside the box.

Thanks!

Room size
4mx3m
-------------------------
Monitors:KRK RP5 RoKit G2
Subwoofer:KRK 10S
Sound Card:Akai EIE
Microphone:Neumann TLM 102
Headphones:KRK KNS 8400
MIDI Controller:Akai MPK 61

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

no one?...

---------- Post added 11-23-2012 at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was 11-22-2012 at 08:10 PM ----------

im starting to lose faith in this forum...

The equipment sounds good, but will your room be sound-proofed? May wanna consider buying some studio foam to dampen the sounds. But then again, if your room doesn't reflect sound that much, then you should be fine without it.

For good measure, I'd throw in a good pop filter and a mic isolator (something like this Auralex MudGuard | Sweetwater.com) just to make your vocals sound a little better.

13ft X 9ft is very small.. If it were me I would not over do the soundproofing, but focus on the places where the sound will be reflecting... like behind you, the ceiling, and if the floor is carpeted this would be a bonus. I would also watch out with that KRK 10s sub it could over exaggerate the bass in the room and to contain it will require additional soundproofing. The mic will definitely need some reflection coverage. I have my mic in the same room as my gear. I've had a lot of good luck with the SE Reflexion filter. If your on a budget you can build one i've seen a lot of tutorials on how to create them.

Last edited:
Back