Help with sample playing on software /w controller.

Azza

Hey there, i normally make original tracks but i wanted go back to sampling. i just wanted to know is there a way that you can record chopped samples playing of a keyboard controllers notes instead of the pads. so for example in FL studio you can play each part on each separate note but then how that can be recorded?

Currently using FL10 and Reason 4, so anything in them systems would be useful, just thought it could be more practical then off the pads as you get each chopped part in line with all the keys. thanks.

I sample on FL Studio by importing the track to slicex. I place the markers where i want to sample, then set up which of my buttons on the controller I want to trigger each sample. I use and Akai MPD18. I can record and arrange of samples together with this method.

I hope this helps

Hey there, i normally make original tracks but i wanted go back to sampling. i just wanted to know is there a way that you can record chopped samples playing of a keyboard controllers notes instead of the pads. so for example in FL studio you can play each part on each separate note but then how that can be recorded?

Currently using FL10 and Reason 4, so anything in them systems would be useful, just thought it could be more practical then off the pads as you get each chopped part in line with all the keys. thanks.

Instead of hitting a pad, hit a key. When you load up samples in the step sequencer or FPC or anything its loaded up onto all your midi controllers at the same time. Record it exactly like any other sound.

Back