Help with Korg NanoKontrol and Presonus Studio One software

robmixx

I want to use the NanoKontrol to control the mixer in Studio One. It controls channels 1-8 with 9 used for controlling the master fader in scene 1 works right out the box. I need the control change numbers for scenes 2 (9-16) 3 (17-24) 4 (25-32) using channel 9 to control the master fader in each scene. I have the editor but I don't know the control #'s .If anyone here can help me, it would be highly appreciated. I've called Korg, no help. I called Presonus, they don't answer the phone. I've searched their forums but couldn't get in contact with any members. Peace be with you............Rob Mixx

Not sure if this work but it's worth a try.

Using the editor see how channels 1 thru 8 are assigned. Using the same increments they use try setting up the rest.

For example:

If Fader 1 is cc# 1 Channel 2 is cc#2 etc.. Try setting channel 9 to the next cc number in the pattern from 8.

If all else fails you can manually map the channel volume in S1 to anything in the upper left hand corner. Make sure you have everything assigned its own cc. Might be work setting to another channel as well not to conflict and preset mapping in S1.

1. Midi Learn the controls of for 9 thru 32 in your External Device (Nano).
2. Select the parameter you want controlled (channel fader)
3. Move the fader/controller you want to assign it to.
4. Press the Assign/Link button (Alt+M, if you have to assign everything manually that quick key is useful.

Capture.JPG

Hope this helps. The mapping section in the upper left is very useful in S1.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 358
Last edited:
Thanks man, I really appreciate it. I will give this a try. Again, much thanks. Peace be with you.........Rob Mixx

Have you had any luck getting the transporter to work with nano and studio one-I, pretty much, figured out everything else, but I can't get the transport-I've tried everything-if you have any insight, please let me know-thanx.

Back