Help with Cooledit????

Q

QuickHand

Hi all recently I just downloaded the trial version of cooledit...but How do I record from CD:
under hlep I found this:
To record from a CD

1. Choose /View/Show CD Player to access Cool Edit 2000's CD player controls (they appear at the bottom of the main window). You can also use an external CD player application, but only one CD application can access a disc at a time.

2. Choose /File/New to create a new file in Cool Edit 2000. Select the sample type, bit resolution, and number of channels (mono or stereo). Note: "CD quality" recording is 44100 Hz, 16 bit, stereo.

3. Click on the Record button in Cool Edit 2000.

4. Click on Play in Cool Edit 2000's CD player controls (or other CD application) to start the CD playing. You can also click on the track number in Cool Edit 2000's CD controls to play a specific track.

5. When the recording is complete, click on the Stop button for both the transport and CD player controls.

I did excatly as told but when open up the file no sound in it???
help
thanks
QuickHand

I know what's happeningYour "recording" level is low, its not inside Cool Edit but in your OS itself. you're on windows right?

. double click on the small speaker icon next to the clock on your desktop, you should see a mixing console

. CLick on OPTIONS and then PROPERTIES

. Select "RECORDING" and click OK

. You will see the mixing console, but this time it's your levels for recording... Find the fader for the CD PLAYER and make sure it is "SELECTED" first, and then make sure the volume is up (not too high though)

then you should record "something"

good luck!

Back