HELP ! (Vocal Mixing)

DenzelAy

I'm not too advanced at mixing my vocals. Can you please give a listen and tell me what might help my vocals sound better (In your opinion) and how to achieve this change? I need to better learn how to clean things up.

How is the EQ? The Compression? Reverb? Is there anything that you personally find annoying in the mix? I want to try anything. and see what gives the best result. I am working with FL Studio 12, all stock plugins.

I appreciate all of your opinions and feedback.

The vocalmixing is good qualitywise - balanced tone and it's audible enough. It could sit better in the mix though, either by simply cutting back the vocals perhaps 2 dB's, and/or adding a low and dull delay just to dig the vocals down into the mix a bit.
What I'd like to hear more are some effects here and there on the more important words, like panned vocal doubles on for instance the last word on a sentence, or perhaps pitching down one of the words or phrases to a typical lowpitched voice, or some short room or delay on a word, maybe with sweeping the FX mix in more and more - all to spice things up.

As for the rest of the song mixing-wise, it's kind of untame and such. This is mostly because of the off-beat wobbly pad. Nothing wrong with that, but combined with the type of beat rhythm you use it can get a little bit too chaotic. So either make the beat more simple or the wobble on beat (or why not do the first thing the first half of the song, and the second half of the song?)

Back