help picking a program thats best for me

DankKell@NEC

I've always used my fantom but id like to start sampling and the fantom just doesn't have the options that software has. Ive used reason 5 and fl 10, fl isn't compatible with my mac and reason seems complicated.
I don't mind spending around $600 .
Also is there a MIDI controller that I should pick up or could I use the fantom?
I would definitely appreciate any help

reason is easy whatever you pick you need to take the time to learn it. For sampling you can pretty much use any daw.Try out a couple demos and see what fits your work flow. I just picked up cubase and im loving it so far.

Thank Yall both for replying I appreciate it
I've heard good things about maschine, ill get a demo. Do yu have to have the maschine controller to use it?
And my observation for reason was based off of me using it twice and my friend who has it mentioned that sampling was difficult. And does cubase have a place where I can chop the samples or does it require something seperate like reason and recycle. I'm completely new to software so any extra info would be nice

Thank Yall both for replying I appreciate it
I've heard good things about maschine, ill get a demo. Do yu have to have the maschine controller to use it?
And my observation for reason was based off of me using it twice and my friend who has it mentioned that sampling was difficult. And does cubase have a place where I can chop the samples or does it require something seperate like reason and recycle. I'm completely new to software so any extra info would be nice
if your sampling maschine is good for that, thats basically what the thing was built for, but you can compose original tracks in it too, or use it with almost any daw.

Sampling can be done in almost any program but maschine "for me" is just easier to do. I have Reason too but didnt like sampling in it, allthough its more than capable to do. its just a matter of preference.

theres no demo for maschine and the controller comes with the software. You dont even have to look at the software if you dont want cuz its all hands on, But you can still mouse in stuff if you want. The only way to try it is to actually buy it, or go to guitar center and try it in person if they have it out on display.

theres no demo for maschine and the controller comes with the software. You dont even have to look at the software if you dont want cuz its all hands on, But you can still mouse in stuff if you want. The only way to try it is to actually buy it, or go to guitar center and try it in person if they have it out on display
Ok I understand now, maybe ill just look at some videos on YouTube to get an idea on how it works

Back