Help me setup an Akai LPD8 Pad Controller on Reason 3... Please!

Ace2CWB

O.k. So this drum controller is brand new, out of the packaging and what not... i know it works because i tried it when i loaded up Kontakt 4, and tested it out...

I have the LPD8 editor cd that came with this pad controller.

I try adding it to the keyboards i already have set up in this program by going to Edit>Preferences>Control Surfaces and Keyboards.

If i do auto detect while the drum pad is connected, a pop up comes up saying "Presets 1 and 2 on the LPD8 will be overwritten. Do you want to continue?" If i press ok, then under the "make master keyboard" option, it will say "Control Surface Error! Press "info" for a report."

Pressing info to view the report, i am hit with it saying:

Failed to read map file AkaiLPD8.remotemap.

and listing a bunch of other controllers i don't even possess.

If i do it manually pressing add i select akai as the manufacturer, and for a description of the controller it says: "The program will overwrite presets one and two on the LPD8. When you use the LPDB to play the Kong Drum Designer, use Preset 1 for lower pads (1-8) and Preset 2 for the upper pads (9-16). In Prog Chng and CC mode the pads work as buttons."

I choose the In port using Find, which makes me press a button on the controller i want to hook up. It registers as the drum pad controller, and i pick LPD8 for the Out Port...

It then poses the same question... "Presets 1 and 2 on the LPD8 will be overwritten. Do you want to continue?"

This time the info report says "Failed to load control surface, Akai, LPD8. The remote mapping file cannot be found for Akai LPD8. If you have seperate remote files for this control surface, please try reinstalling these. Otherwise, please restart the program, and try again."

It's driving me crazy... help someone.

---------- Post added 08-25-2011 at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was 08-22-2011 at 04:49 PM ----------

bump please sumone help lol

---------- Post added 09-01-2011 at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was 08-25-2011 at 06:39 PM ----------

bump again

---------- Post added 10-20-2011 at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was 09-01-2011 at 05:54 PM ----------

yet another bump... help please

Hey, here's a hint why this may be happening. If you're running Reason under Windows 7, it may try to overwrite files in the Program Files folder (which is a system folder), not having necessary rights to do so. I'm 90% sure that it is caused by this reason. What you need to do is uninstall LPD8 Editor and install it in a different folder or give all the administrative rights to Reason, however I wouldn't bother with that and just install editor into any other folder besides Program Files (Documents would be fine).

Just in case, I had the similar problem with u-he Zebra's map file. While installing I chose Program Files folder for keeping all the additional files despite warning not to do so. It even went as far as crashing Ableton Live until I re-installed it with putting additional files to Documents.

And the last, if you will have any questions about LPD8, you may ask me - I own this little guy :]

O.k.. First off thanks for replying...

I tried the 1st thing you suggested. The drum controller is still as uncooperative as before... >.< I'm starting to really get frustrated, as i've had this controller for about 3 months now, and i just can't get it to do what it should...

How exactly do i go about giving Reason all the administrative rights?

Try to turn off UAC for a while. It will make possible for all the programs (including Reason) to overwrite files etc. After you're done with setting up LPD8 in Reason, turn it on again.

At Youtube there is a video how to do it, just type "How To Turn Off UAC (User Account Control) in Windows 7" in a search. Hope this helps.

I know this post is kinda old but, I just got my lpd8 that I ordered in the mail since I needed a small controller being away from home. And must say that I am disappointed that it doesn't come with simple octave up/down buttons like lpk25 has. To answer your question You want the in port as lpd8 and do not select anything for the out port just leave it none. That's prob why its trying to overwrite. I recommend instead of using reasons lpd8 controller preset just select other for the manufacture. This way all those annoying lpd8 program settings aren't going all crazy. it allows you to just assign using keyboard control edit .

Back