Help me fill in the gaps on what being a DJ is?

Sohra

Hello, So I've been interested in becoming a DJ and have been doing research but I'm getting confused on these types of DJs and what they do and so on.

For the moment, what I know about being a DJ is that you are the music player who studies the crowd to see which song from your collection would best fit to get the crowd moving. How do songs work? Well, you start playing a song and while that song plays, you study the crowd to decide which song you play next. While Song A plays, you decide Song B and you put Song B into your que and play that song into your headphones to try and make the bass line up so that the songs transition is smooth. Now that you have the music lined up, you wait for Song A to reach a good transition point and slowly fade song A into Song B while keeping the beats matched. You do this over and over as the party goes on.

Now than, what type of DJ do I want to be? I want to play Electro House and Pop depending on the club and crowd.

The only thing I know is that to start out I'm thinking of buying myself a Pioneer - DDJ-WeGO Compact DJ Controller

So will someone fill in the blanks on what I'm missing?

Back