Help me buy a new desktop for FL studio and Live 9

HighLife

I want a desktop pc to run dual monitors with Fl studio. I want to try to keep the pc under $700

i also want to work with live 9 and pro tools on this pc and every vst plug in you can think of

ASUS Desktop Computer With AMD A10 Processor M32BF US011S by Office Depot & OfficeMax

can this even run two screens? what makes a pc be able to do that

this is what im looking at right now hard.

16gb ram and 3TB HD

i don't really know too much about pc's and if this is even a good one for the price. im mostly confused on the processing chip and if this one would be sufficient. i don't want lag

What makes a pc able to run several monitors depends on how many connections there are available in the graphics card. This one has at least 1 hdmi and 1 VGA so it will be able to run multiple monitors with different connectors.

Also I advice you to save up a bit and get an Intel processor rather than the inferior amd one.

The plugins you run will also make a huge difference and the processing power needed is strictly relative to what you want to do. I know a couple of vst instruments that will completely obliterate any high end cpu in a matter of a few instances running. So.. Yeah.

Last edited:
thanks,
so basically i need a better pc with a graphics card. i thought that was a great one but its not.

whats the lowest cheapest graphics card that is capable of running two monitors smoothly

is it bad to run two monitors from two different connections or should i be looking at ones with multiple connections for one

this is the one at frys the guy told me to get FRYS.com | ASUS
is this really the price range $1500 to get something that is able to do what i need

The integrated one you had in that first pc is fine, I run a dual monitor setup through different connections from an integrated graphics card and there's no problem what so ever.

Actually what you should do if you want most juice out of your pc is to buy one that DOESN'T have an expensive graphics card, you won't really be needing it if all you want to do is work with audio.

The one you first had is mostly likely fine.. I'm just not a big fan of the amd processors, everything else looks good to me.

That last example you just showed is a perfect example of the kind of pc you should NOT buy. That graphics card alone is 500$ easily. Either the sales person has no idea what he is talking about, or he thinks he can trick you, or you asked him if you could have the best gaming computer they have in store.

Last edited:
Back