Hello, my name is...

Xcaliber

Hey everyone. I'm brand new here so I thought I would introduce myself. I found this forum through a Google search to find the best placement for my desk in my home studio.

A little bit about me:

I've been playing the guitar off and on for about 27 years. Music and home recording are a hobby for me, but I enjoy it very much and I'm out to learn as much as I can. I've been building a respectable home studio for a couple of years and really just now starting to get into serious projects (covers and longer snippets of original material). Before I was just trying to figure which DAW I liked and how the whole process worked. I listen to all kinds of music, but mostly play and record Metal and Rock music (in that order). I'm looking forward to being a part of the community.

My current home studio gear:
  • AMD 3.2Ghz Quad Core Windows 10 Home computer, 4GB of RAM, 1TB 7200 HDD.
  • Tascam US-1800 interface.
  • M-Audio BX8 Studiophile monitors.
  • Line 6 POD HD Pro X
  • TSE Audio X50 Amp Sim software
  • Amplitube Amp Sim software

Hey man... I'm not really into metal but I do often record guitar (although never more than 4 bars at a time) and bass guitar into my Maschine.
I mic my acoustic and either mic a small (5 watt) practice amp or go through an old POD (MKII - red bean).

How does you computer cope with running amp-sims with only 4 gig of RAM?
I find NI Guitar Rig pretty CPU intensive and I'm running 12Gb RAM (albeit on an older i3) processor... Partly why I still use the POD - it's just easy!

Back