Have just begun (Advice please)

wayy2cold

Hey guys so Basically i've had FL studio (producer) forawhile and aside from messing around abit I don't really understand anything in it. I've tried looking for tutorials but the interface has been updated with the new FL and so I'm kinda having a hard time following the videos or finding the stuff in them since they use the previous FLs format. I can also get ableton but i'd prefer just to be able to learn a single DAW first inside out before I try others and FL seems fine. A few questions

Best tutorials?
Best threads to read up on?
How to understand the format of other artists music?

In terms of what I want to do think like clams clasino, nosaj sound thing ect. I'd still want to learn from other genres of music and their composition and ideas on the best way how? I have a sound interface my computer has good ram ect so all my specs are fine and I can get another monitor later if need be thanks:victory::victory:

Just search "FL Studio 12 tutorial" and you'll find dozens of beginner's tutorials on the interface of FL 12

I don't know why FL studios 12 doesn't have it's own tutorial, that ticks me off, that and the fact there's no pop up info bar when you scroll over the icons.

Learning one DAW inside out is great and all, but trying different ones might help you along your way. Ableton is an awesome daw! I'd suggest it if you're going for the nosaj sound

Back