Has anyone used a Roland MC-808 or MC-909 before?

K

krazykiki81

Have any of you used or own a Roland MC-808 or MC-909? If so, how do you compare its features to the Akai MPC? Do you think the Roland MC's are better than the Akai MPC's?

I just bought a MC-808 a couple of weeks ago. Feature wise the 808 is a beast, however you will need the software to get the full use of this machine. The effects and the mixer really make this machine amost a 16 track digital studio. The one drawback is since they call a sampling groovebox and not an actual sampler, the sampling section of this machine leaves a little to be desired, not in features, but rather in execution. So IMO if you want to do everything in one box, cop the 808, but if you your looking to just sample and use something else for sounds and multi-tracking and MPC may be better. I personally think I'm just going to add a rack sampler to my setup. Maybe a used S5000 or something.

Sector7gproductions said:
I just bought a MC-808 a couple of weeks ago. Feature wise the 808 is a beast, however you will need the software to get the full use of this machine. The effects and the mixer really make this machine amost a 16 track digital studio. The one drawback is since they call a sampling groovebox and not an actual sampler, the sampling section of this machine leaves a little to be desired, not in features, but rather in execution. So IMO if you want to do everything in one box, cop the 808, but if you your looking to just sample and use something else for sounds and multi-tracking and MPC may be better. I personally think I'm just going to add a rack sampler to my setup. Maybe a used S5000 or something.
Okay..thanks!

I got MC 808 And its more better than 909 and usin 128polifony not just 64 like in 909. And 808 got motorized faders but is little harder to edit your patterns and samples, but got so many feateres!

Back