Has anybody checked Akai's Facebook page recently?

Haven't really seen any buzz on this one so far. Elektron's Analog Rytm is the pre-show highlight for me so far...and of course it'll be interesting to see what the Roland AIRA stuff actually turns out to be.

Last edited:
All Akai did was come out with newer versions of their midi controllers. That's about it. Nothing groundbreaking at all.

MPK249_angle_1200x750.jpg

Attachments

• MPK249_angle_1200x750.jpg
    MPK249_angle_1200x750.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
I have the original Mpk61 and it usually was a pain in the a** to use so i just gave it to my engineer to use. Nothing against all-in-one midi controllers but i will pass.

Care to share why it was such a pain? My wife copped me one for my studio for our anniversary and this thing is pretty bad ass. It works flawlessly with FL Studio,Studio One and Sonar x3 (tho I can't get the transport controls to work in Sonar). It has presets for all of the programs named...so what's your boggle?

Okay, the only DAW that i could get it to work with is Reason 5. I couldn't get it to work with FL studio, I searched for templates 24/7 with no luck. But I guess i should have checked here. I went and bought a Maschine, Old school Triton and a Yamaha MOXF6... a bit of overkill but the set up works fine for me.

Yeah all you do is hit "preset" and turn the "enter" dial. There is one for Reason as well but I notice the FL Studio one works along side the Reason one. Remember though only one program at a time can be controlled by it. So let's say you have opened up Reason and are running it with the controller...if you open up another DAW it'll still only respond to Reason.

Back