Good trance records

Untraceable

I am new to the Dj scene but have been going to parties for the past 6 years. I would like to get into Dj'ing and I have a set-up. The problem is I have no records. Can anybody list some good vinyls to start my collection, I love Trance. The longer the list the better if your list is too long to post here you can e-mail me at tippmanngun@hotmail.com.

Thanx

Which kind of trance are you most interested in spinning?

/.v

if u like darker,harder beats u can chk out stuff by oliver lieb (a lot of good remixes by him)...

u can find some smooth, deep trks off of labels like weekend world & niche...

a few personal noteables (sorry, they're mostly older releases):

aquilia.dreamstate (o.lieb rmx).triplexxx (also on domestic label 'plastik')...hard, driving & minimal w/ an ethereal feel

timo mass.eclipse/shadow lounge.bush...hard tech-trance

yves deruyter.feel free.bonzai...techie & epic w/o any cheese

der dritte raum.polarstern.virgin...smooth w/ a great bassline & exit

weekend world.sunday shining.weekend world recs...another deep & smooth one

hope that helps ya - good luck!

here

Well if your into Progressive as I am. Try some Paul Van Dyk. Or any stuff off the Bedrock Label if you can find it. Also Darude has some hot tracks. One good idea to find tracks you like is check out some CD's on cdnow.com or whatever. Listen to stuff like : Clubber's Guide to Ibiza if your into that stuff. Pick the track numbers you like..and check out who the artist is. Then try going to your local record store, and pick up the tracks. Or if your in a situation like me where you are basically recordstoreless. Go online and listen to tons and tons of samples. I recently have been buying off http://www.satelliterecords.com They have a huge Overstock sale right now. On tons of great stuff. I just ordered 8 Progressive Trance records for under 30 bucks. Some cuts are only like 3 or 4 bucks. So just run threw there list and listen to sample after sample. :) anything else you need holla back at me. My e-mail is Bisquickam@aol.com

ehhhh? there are good trance tracks out there???

you're kidding, right?

good trance

yeah, trance has a bad rep now..there's a lot of money-making cheese out there, but there are sub-genres & i don't think trance can be singularly classified...way i see it, "as long as it sounds good to you" ...regardless of the genre..

peace

mindblunt said:
ehhhh? there are good trance tracks out there???

you're kidding, right?

You obviously listen to loads of trance to make an angry(or ignorant) comment like that. Its not just the cheese stuff you see on tv, dude.

Yeah, I spin mostly trance and hardtrance too (but that doesn't mean I limit myself to that).

Sure you all have too agree that it gets difficult these days to get your hands on good trance choonz, it's very commercial those last years. But as Off-peak said, it's not only what you see on the Tv or what you hear on the radio...
Try to get hold on some white labels and unreleased promo's and you'd be surprised.
But here the big hype about trance is almost done, we're coming back to some pleasant times now. It's more house and groove that becomes money chasing here. I think that will happen with every style that has some considerable succes after some time.

About the trance tune selection, try to look for records on following labels : Bonzaï (and basically any other sublabel of Lightning), Reef records, BXR, Free for All, Scanner records, Mindstar.

More specific tunes
Get your hands on the original Delerium : Silence. It's an oldie, but very good.
In the same style ->
Lotus : Within or without you
Marino Stephano : Freetime
Junk Project : Control
Dj Jonah : Sssst....
Signum : What you got 4 me?
K90 : Into the future
Halo Varga : Future!
Extended Mirror : K'nowhere to run
Freezzio : ICU

Back