Good Equipment To Start Home Studio?

b Asterisk Asterisk

Mister Nebula
I've been searching the web lately to find equipment to set up a small space for production, because at the moment i just use awful generic headphones and fl studio. What are some good headphones for mixing and 'producing' under $200. And also would the M-Audio Oxygen 81 be a decent MIDI keyboard to start off with? And what is some other general equipment essential to production/beat-making? Sorry for all the questions

^^^I'd invest $50-99 in Headphones, take whatever's left and go buy the best computer gaming speakers for the price at best buy. You'll appreciate the fact you can reference between speakers and headphones. Any cheap usb keyboard will do for starting. If you're not gonna utilize all 81 keys at once, a 49 key controller is fine. You can pitch up and down octaves, only reason I can see anyone getting an 81 key is if they play from one end to the other fluently. I rarely see that done.

Something like these would be a good enough start....

http://www.amazon.com/Cyber-Acousti...=1376706927&sr=8-2&keywords=computer+speakers

And that leaves you $150 for headphones...or you can get some decent $50 headphones and a $100 midi controller all for around $200. Pretty good for starting.

Last edited:
Back