Gonna give it a proper go

Joeydav

I've messed about on FL Studio in the past but nothing serious.

I've bought a Macbook Pro and I'm gonna be using Logic Pro this time. Are these specs good enough to run Logic Pro without worrying about any issues?

Apple MacBook Pro 15.4"
8GB RAM
i7 2.0 GHz Quad Core
256GB SSD

Also, what else will I need to get? Monitors? A secondary screen? A midi keyboard?

Cheers

Anything other than that is preference, if you choose to use hardware than that's when audio interfaces are necessary.like a piano/drumpad/mpc/control surface are examples of a preference with necessary compromises.

All you need's software, a decent computer and a mouse. If you prefer the above suggestion, then it will become necessary to find an audio interface with low latency. Piano hardware is more lenient when it comes to latency I've noticed while pads basically require 4-16ms roundtrip latency.

I'm in the same boat as you, man. I got a little MIDI keyboard and it's pretty good. Youtube has so much information, you can lock yourself in your room and just learn for months at a time with just a laptop, headphones and an internet connection, without exhausting the resources or covering the same topic twice. It's a good time to be learning a new hobby.

Just keep working. Much like any skill, music production takes hours and hours of time to learn, so don't get discouraged if something doesn't come to you easily.

Never stop learning :)

Back