Girl power drives Reggae Sumfest's Dancehall Night

S

stingjamaica

The combined lyrical prowess of dancehall's biggest divas will pique ideas of girl power in dancehall at Reggae Sumfest's Dancehall Night, July 25.As the premier reggae festival readies for the staging of its 21st show, audiences are in for a female-powered line-up with the panache to please and tease its fans.
Dancehall Night 2013 is being fuelled by the talent of Lady Saw, Spice, Macka Diamond, Danielle D.I. and Baby Tash.
Through the mix of veterans and new talent, Reggae Sumfest 2013 shows that though dancehall has long been dominated by men, the time of the Dancehall Diva has arrived.
Armed with her heels and a slew of hit songs, veteran DJ Lady Saw will strut on to the Sumfest stage, returning with a view to topping her spectacular 2012 performance.
OFFICIALLY QUEEN
Last year, Lady Saw's longstanding reign of the dancehall was made official when she was honoured by Sumfest as one of the music's icons. The queen of the dancehall is sure to delight fans with her saucy lyrics and unstoppable bravado.
Reggae Sumfest Dancehall Night 2013 will also be well-seasoned with a dash of the brash as Spice, whose hits such as Jim Screechy, My Man, A Gyal a Chat, Hide and Do It, and Body Great, is sure to make tongues wag.
Macka Diamond is set to 'shine bright' and dazzle her fans with new hits such as Dye Dye as well as classics like Money-O and Bun Him.
The relative newcomers to the dancehall are set to walk tall in the lyrical stilettos of the reigning divas. With her debut album, The Rebel still fresh, Danielle D.I. will add her sultry brand of 'bad gyal' diva to the nigh

Back