FL Studio recording pattern problem, PLEASE help

Adwel

Ok, first off, im a major nub when it comes to FL Studio so far although am better versed with Pro Tools.

I have a pattern in my sequencer that contains multiple tracks that I wish to record "live" as I manually turn on 2 specific channels WHILE its recording...

Is this a physical option and how, specifically, do I accomplish this?

To make this make more sense, I have a intro to a song that is just a few seconds long that consists of multiple tracks in a pattern. In order for it to sound as I intend, I would like to record this pattern by having it repeat over and over WHILE I manually turn on and off 2 separate tracks within the pattern while it is recording this 1 wav file.

I then plan on importing this 1 wav file to Pro Tools to insert as the intro to this song.

There has to be a simple "record live" function on FL that I can simply hit record and anything I do in my pattern it records and I can hit stop on record whenever im done...

But God and the Devil both currently dont want me to find it..

Please help?​

You can perform automation live by pressing RECORD and changing whatever you want (to a point.)

But unless you copy and repeat your automation or write it in twice, you have to work the pattern and its length.

If you make the part you want to repeat long enough, you can have the other sounds playing along with it and mute them as you wish. I'm pretty sure that if you loop record you will end up with a mess unless you have a way to copy and paste the automation which I have never need to do.

If you did do that you'd have to use however many instances of the pattern with the different automations.

So just make it the length you want, hit record and mute or adjust the volume of the two other sounds with a mouse. You could even use a controller or write it in.

Well first of all, huge thanks for responding since this is my first post here!

It's good to hear this should be possible, but could you walk me through the steps to accomplish this please?

I have a pattern with multiple channels that I wish to be able to hit record and then be able to unmute and mute again 2 of the channels WHILE recording..

When I try to record and do this, in the end I just get the pattern performed once and can't seem to get it to render to one wave file so I can then import it to pro tools.

Any help with this would be most appreciation, thanks!

---------- Post added 07-06-2011 at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-05-2011 at 03:24 PM ----------

Anyone?

Back