FL studio MIDI assignment

-MFK-

My setup atm is simply a laptop and fl studio, have been using it for a long time, but there's one thing I wonder if is possible.

When I drag a chopped sample into fruity slicer, the chops assigns themselves to seperate keys on the computer keyboard. However if I have more than 16 chops, all of them won't be assigned. So being that this really fuks up the workflow when trying to lay down sample-patterns, I wonder if there's any way to assign more than 16 chops to keys, preferably within fruity slicer?

btw, I know that this can be done with FPC, but that takes way too long to do also.

Hope I explained it well enough for you to understand, help is appreciated.

when you drag a sample in to the fl slicer, slice the sample to beats...

Fruity Slicer - Instrument

at the top, where they have the picture of the slicer...you should see 4 buttons..click the 3rd button, and i believe that is your "slice" option...

Also you may be overlooking something, such as the sharps/flats on your keyboard. if you notice, the COMMA key, is MIDDLE C....the PERIOD key is D...which makes "L", C#/Db........ so maybe all your chops are assigned, but you're not playing the flats/sharps on the keyboard. meaning, for example... if your sample plays thru the keys of X thru ,
It will translate like this:

keyboard////piano
X----------C
D----------C#
C----------D
F----------D#
V----------E
B----------F
H----------F#
N----------G
J----------G#
M----------A
K----------A#
,----------C

And when you have to use notes using the keys Q to P on your keyboard, keep in mind that the numbers above that row of keys, will represent your sharps and flats as well

Yeah, I know about this, but even counting with the number row above, I can only get 20 chops mapped out. The chops are mapped out on the keys: q, 2, w, 3, e, r, 5, t, 6, y, 7, u, i, 9, o, 0, p, å (Norwegian), \, ^.

So if I have say 25 chops, I'll have to go into piano roll and manually click on the remaining 5 chops that isn't mapped out on keys. I just think it's weird if I can't assign chops to other letters on the keyboard.

i get what you're saying....when i read this last night, i wasnt with you a 100%.... You might want to just use the FPC...You can have up to 32 chops considering there is 16 on A, and 16 on B.. And you can save a template as well, so you only have to map your keys once! But, if you insist on using the Slicer.....look into the Slice X.......When you load a sample into edison looking part of the SliceX, you can slice your beats, and assign each slice to a key..While I found that to be helpful, I personally find SliceX a pain in the ass to work with...but it may work good for you, try it out.

Slicex for more info...you can even scroll down and read the "Keyboard and Piano Roll Controls" where it briefly explains assigning keys....But really, I think you'd still have the same problem if you have a lot of chops, so I'll say it again, you may want to just use the FPC

Back