FL Studio is making a clipping sound every so often?

SpacedOutBeats

So im new to fl studio, and iv noticed that every 10 minutes or so fl will start to clip, or make a stutter sound with the music that is playing. Its almost as if it gets a little laggy causing the sound to be all delayed and such. I checked my cpu usage on my computer and its not going past 13 %. Im also using a saffire 14 audio interface. For my audio settings, should i have it set to asio drivers or should i click the saffire 14? Both make sound i believe. Is there anything else i can do to make sure fl is running properly, such as monitor the latency in fl? Thanks.

Asio4all is ASIO for generic soundcards. Should be avoided if you use any audio interface used for music production (like m-audio cards).

Dammit its clipping again, even if i dont have a beat playing, if i click on certain samples in my packs, some of them make a clip sound as they play. What the hell is wrong, when i used my saffire 14 with logic it worked fine. Fl studio isnt doing so wel though. So if i go into fl audio settings, should i put it on asio2 or whatever, then go into asio panel and select saffire? Or should i just go to fl audio and click saffire. Currently i have my master fader set to zero, and my monitors are also at 0db. Should i go into saffire mixer and change the volume? Maybe its clipping because its to loud, even though only some sounds do it, and not everytime its random. I think it may be a latency issue? How can i check?

It's most definitely not because it's too loud. It's either your audio settings (make sure your drivers are up to date and you use the settings of your card's software, as well as FL's audio settings) or your computer's RAM isn't enough.

go to audio settings and check what your buffer length is, raising it slightly may help, you do this by clicking on show asio panel

Back