FL Studio acting strange, inputs notes when I start recording ?

TheSaka24

Hi, I need help asap.

So, I use FL Studio, and I open FPC to record some drums, but as soon as the recording starts, like after 4 ticks, notes are already in there(by themselves, automatically). So I delete those notes, and again same thing happens when I start the recording.

Anyone help ?

Last edited:
Sounds strange, more info would be helpful.

Check for unwanted automation clips in the Automatons tab on the left, also make sure "countdown before recording" is checked on the top (321 box). Make sure your cell in the playlist is long enough that its not overdubbing your input before you want it too.

No, it happens after the countdown in FL Studio.
I hit record, it goes tick tick tick tick( 4,3,2,1) and then when I am supposed to record my midi, notes are already in there.So I removed the notes, tried again, same thing happens.
(I forgot to mention that this happened after some time while I was working on my project.)

I checked for automation right away, but its empty.

Well if you ever hit the notes while its ticking they will show up in the beginning of the track.
You probably recorded the Step sequencer + Piano Roll within the same sound/instrument (Happens when I change "Record to Step Sequencer" sometimes)
- Delete all Piano Roll notes first
- Then cut Step Sequencer patterns

These are the only recording probs I usually have in FL...
Did this help?

No, I tend to wait for the that ticking(pre-count) to finish before I start hitting notes on my controller or keyboard.
Nope, I still have the problem.

Is it possible that FL Studio loads the history automatically ? Like, if I record something and I delete it, next time I try recording ,the program loads the previous recording that I deleted ? I think that was my problem, it stopped when I cleared the history in FL Studio.

Back