FL Studio 10

How would it "sound" any different? All DAW's essentially "sound" the same..

Although I completely agree with you technically they sound different (my ears can't pick it up). If they use a different summing engine then it may alter the sound, in this instance Cubase is meant to have the best.

been playing with fl studio lately... fl studio is a very capable app but coming from ableton live and apc20/40 or cubase and axiom pro 61... fl studio is very "mouse" intensive... question... what controller do you guys/gals use with fl studio?

FL Studio can be very mouse-intensive, but it just depends on what one does with it. Any midi controller will work with it; it just depends on how you map it out. The APC40 controller for Live looks incredibly appealing though. One of these days I need to school myself on how to use Ableton because the only thing that I don't like about FL Studio is that it isn't very "jam" based. (Not the easiest program to rock out live with.) If I could just figure out how to use Albeton I'd probably ditch FL Studio altogether because my focus is electronic music anyway, and Live seems a lot more conducive for that kinda music, especially with the APC40.

Didn't downloaded it yet, but I'm going to take a look at it soon
FL is very useful, easy to use and it's improving over time

i got FLStudio 10 on my Mac book....i like it alot so far although it is taking me sometime to get used to the changes to the playlist and piano roll

It's pretty dope and I actually paid for Newtone and Pitcher but didn't try something though...
That said I'm still comfortable with version 8 but slowly but surely,I'm going to migrate to FL 10:)

This looks very nice..I started out on FL 1.5...before VSTIs were popular. Im a Cubase user but i keep FL around to spice things up.
FL does certain things that Cubase wont do as easily.

Like what? Just curious since so far Cubase can do everything I want it to, easily aswell.

Back