Fl studio 10 sound issue!!

Short and sweet, I'm having a reoccurring issue with FL Studio. Every once in a while, it decides not to play anything back. I leave my laptop on, putting it to sleep when not in use. I save my project before sleep-mode, but when I feel like a quick edit, it's all right there. Before that, when I had the same issue, I would manually shut down after every use.

It works fine for X amount of time but in the most random of times, I only get feedback from Edison but not my actual playlist or anything else for that matter. My mixer jumps as it should, the line sweeps through the playlist as if it were playing and the clock runs as expected, just no audio outside of Edison. I don't change any settings and only use my laptop for FL and web browsing. It literally just happened to me and I can't find a proper resolve. Before hand, the only use was re-installing which meant starting over from scratch for the most part. I'm in the middle of this fire beat and FL is just getting in the way with this bs.

Before anything else, I've tried checking my settings, running AVG/MB/Comodo, restarting the computer, etc.

HALP FL GODS!

EDIT: I tried "Revert to Last Backup" as a quick scan to make sure my settings are okay. I got sound back BUT only for the project that was reverted. It didn't actually change the program in how the sound comes out, just that one project which it renamed itself noting the revert. I tried opening up all my other project and the same issue exists. It's weird how ONLY Edison gets sound. Nothing is muted, mixer is not on alt solo, it's not on waiting for input, I'm using my Primary Sound Driver and even tried it with ASIO settings intact.

It's cool that I can still work on this song but I'm not sure what happens to the next project, so I still need a fix! HALP!

Last edited:
Answers are yes and yes. It's weird how it works and I haven't found a solution. I reinstalled Windows 7 maybe two weeks ago so it's still pretty fresh (still default wallpaper lol). I was checking here first before anything, considering I doubt Image Line customer support would be of any use.

Do you think a system restore would possibly be the trick? I really appreciate the reply!

EDIT: I heard of an issue with FL Studio magically not being to produce sound if another application requiring sound is open. This doesn't work for me as I've restarted the computer (after disabling many useless startup programs) and ran FL fresh with nothing else in the background, still didn't work. :(

Last edited:
Did you move from XP to 7? If using Asio4all drivers they work differently in Vista/7. XP you can play multi sound-sources with Asio4all, Vista/7 its not possible. Also check the Asio Control Panel and go to the advanced tab. Make sure you didn't uncheck any outputs. It could be when your laptop is in sleep mode and you resume, your host loses priority and the drivers unties itself back to the OS primary sound drivers.

Back