First setup. Going the controller route/ Numark Mixtrack Pro vs. Normal mixtrack?

C

Chi

Hi everybody,

so I'm a producer by trade and I'm mainly software based. A couple months ago I had my first DJ gig using my friends equipment (as a fill in) and I really liked the whole feeling of gigging so I want to get into DJ'ing more. Now I'm not trying to go the hugely expensive route. Preferably I want to go with just a controller, not actual turntables b/c I recently got a new laptop that can run the likes of Serato, Traktor, etc.

So I was looking and I came down to, just from looking, the Numarks Mixtrack and Mixtrack Pro. They both look like nice pieces and I read up on them. I know the Mixtrack Pro has the actual audio I/O but I was wondering if thats actually needed considering the equipment I already have from my production game. Let me list that to give you all a better picture.

Laptop: Acer Aspire i5 processor with 4 GB of RAM and 500 GB HDD.
A pair of Yamaha HS50m's
An M Audio fast track USB mkII.
Also software such as Reason 4, FL studio, and Pro Tools M Powered essentials.

I mainly want to do Hip Hop and Techno/Electronic music and yes I do want to do alot of mixing and scratching. Starting off I'm solely getting the controller to run the software off of my laptop. I will in the future get actual DJ speakers and I was wondering if in the future I can run that either into the controller I get, the Fast Track interface I have, or straight into the computer? Also I'm pretty positive but the Audio I/Os on the Mixtrack Pro are almost redundant to me considering I can just run a standard microphone into my fast track and have people speak in a mic through there?

Sorry I have so many questions, let me just break down my questions to you again to review.

- First DJ setup. JUST GETTING THE CONTROLLER right now. Thinking the Numark mixtrack or the Numark Mixtrack Pro right now. Which one do you think I should get or can you recommend something better in the $150-$225 range? (controller only. No Technics 1200's for me.)

- When getting DJ speakers down the line, can I just run it either into the controller I get, the audio interface I have, or straight into my laptops audio input?

- As far as microphones, I'm pretty sure but can't I just run a standard mic into my interface and have the audio play off the laptop using some thing FL Studio as opposed to into the DJ controller (thus making any need for audio I/Os on a controller redundant?)

Thanks for taking the time to listen to me everyone. I really appreciate your help. Hopefully I can get back to DJ'ing soon! :cheers:

Not sure if you got help but I got post answering your question. I just got the mixtrack basic and u don't need the pro if ur not going live. But if u r doing gigs...u mmust have the pro or I/O interface. Check my post its title FYI-Numark Mixtrack

i have both the controllers. Megalodeez is basically right. i use the pro only for live gigs because its got the built in I/O interface with headphone jack/mic input with 2 channel outputs. the basic well minus all that. if i were u i would jus get the vestax 300. its works pretty amazing, a lil pricey buuut works wonders!

Back