First Beat Ever (Help Me Out)

$

$uni

Lately I've been watching tutorial after tutorial on Youtube and instead I was hoping to get some feedback from some of you guys on FP. This site is freaking awesome and full of talent!... just sayin. This is the first beat I've ever finished, although i have quite a few unfinished tracks. I know its pretty repetitive and kind of corny but i still want to see what yall think. I use FL Studio so if any of you have any tips/tricks/tutorials i'd definitely appreciate them.

https://soundcloud.com/suniprod/once-lost

Attachments

• Once Lost.mp3
    3.6 MB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:
I have heard way worse from newer people. The hardest thing in my opinion about making beats is the mixing process, your percussion is a little quiet compared the main melody. Transitions are decent. Overall good for a first beat.

basically agree with everything wicketts said, im still getting a hang of the mixing process although i don't really make beats

any suggestions on the compression for the percussions? I've been working with the mixer a lot recently but with vocals

Nothing in particular, it's really just trial and error. If you mess around with the threshold and ratio (you might have to experiment with the attack as well) you should be able to get a thicker sound. The key is to make the drums fat without overdoing it and losing the punch.

Back