Finding Rappers to send beat to...

neonmansion

Basically I want to sell beats. I want to send my beats to rappers via facebook, twitter, email etc..

My problem is simply finding a place to start off. I'll look up a list of 25 underground rappers but even they seem like they are way to busy and the chances of them responding to my messages are slim.

I already sell beats to a rap group for 150 (and thats a friend price) consistently. I know my beats are worth way more but I'd be happy just to branch out at that price range.

I'm pulling my hair out because I literally cannot find anyone to talk to! I'm completely on my own! I have no idea where to go to.. who to talk to.. its ****ing ridiculous!

Please someone help me!

You need to personally know rappers. Otherwise you're another person in a sea of rappers who have access to millions of producers. Cousins who know rappers, cousins who are rappers, friends who are rappers. Etc. Just hitting up random people won't work even if your beats are dope. The game is ****ed right now anyways and you won't be paid for your beats until you make a name for yourself. Plan on giving all your good shit away for free.

Recently seen a Drake interview and he talked about how Started from the bottom came together.

Basically Mike Zombie sent him the beat, he found it in his email, jumped on it and even left the tag in to get him exposure. Dude now involved with drake.

But for things like that to occur your shit needs to be undeniable. You know, not kinda good but really undeniable. It needs to be clean, mixed and mastered and ready to record.

If its on that level you could try to reach out to associates of the rapper, only people that almost nobody is following.

The reason for this is that they will see your message definitely. Game once sold his sneakers on twitter and I reached out to a dude of him to discuss the price.

So reach these people and be iight.

Basically I want to sell beats. I want to send my beats to rappers via facebook, twitter, email etc..

My problem is simply finding a place to start off. I'll look up a list of 25 underground rappers but even they seem like they are way to busy and the chances of them responding to my messages are slim.

I already sell beats to a rap group for 150 (and thats a friend price) consistently. I know my beats are worth way more but I'd be happy just to branch out at that price range.

I'm pulling my hair out because I literally cannot find anyone to talk to! I'm completely on my own! I have no idea where to go to.. who to talk to.. its ****ing ridiculous!

Please someone help me!

cool you have a discography
can you post a link to the songs you produced
it should be on one page all together

artists like to hear how you beats sound like rapped too
in my opinion

keep sending your beats
but also try to make connects with underground artists without bringing up your music just leave a link to your website

marketing and sales skills are not needed but help tremendously

giving out free beats is good but try to target your free beats like your doing

a artist may have your beat right now writing to it and it may not be release till next year
the artist says to him-self if this song gets released then I'll contact the producer

there are all kinds of scenarios

how many underground artists have you contacted
all United States folks
have you tried to contact other artists from other countries???
don't limit yourself

I don't know if you're picky about who raps to your beats

I am I have a smaller pool of artists than most as I only work with Christian artists

send your beats not only to artists but to all music professionals
music journalists,music supervisors,DJs
those ppl are friends with artists
and may tell their friends hey I got this beat in my email another day I think this beat fits that verse you were spitting to me the other day
many different scenarios
leavve no stone un-turned

-Coach Antonio

Last edited:
I think a more realistic approach would be for you to nurture the existing relationships you have and expand on those while building up your brand name. After your name gets spread around a little bit, new business will eventually find you. Another thing to really consider is that there is so many people doing this [selling beats/giving beats away] and it doesn't require much of an investment to get started, so setting a price point and establishing consistency will be in issue until you have a solid brand name.

Please someone help me!

How do you Market yourself? You can't just send Popular Rappers Beats it will fall thru the cracks. In a way you have to learn how to work the room. Make connections find out who knows who and work your way to your goals. In a way you should start from the bottom of the pyramid to reach the top. (Not trying to quote Drake) But he is right "Started at the Bottom"

Back