Feedback on this mix please.

Hi guys,

I was wondering if and where I can improve this mix.

link (private)

https://soundcloud.com/ferdows/ferdows-dont-play/s-asTCZ

The sound works, the kick drum is too loud, it cuts through in an unpleasant way. The work with the rhythm is good. The work with the chord progression is not good. The mix works, the master works and the sound is modern. I think that this production can be at risk of failing to hit, due to the chord progressions. Man, you're close, you have modern pop sounds that I think the listeners love, but with that underlying chord progression all until the end I predict it's not going to hit, but I could be wrong. So all in all, not bad, is it a hit production. Maybe not so at this point, but I think that if you take the production apart a little and focus on how to develop and modify the chord progression, then I do think it's possible you could make this into a pretty popular upload. So good luck, I hope you follow my advice and I hope to hear the new take on it. Close but only close. Mute da flute. (don't let it destroy the whole production, it punches in a good way but that has to be balanced out by muting it also)

Last edited:
The sound works, the kick drum is too loud, it cuts through in an unpleasant way. The work with the rhythm is good. The work with the chord progression is not good. The mix works, the master works and the sound is modern. I think that this production can be at risk of failing to hit, due to the chord progressions. Man, you're close, you have modern pop sounds that I think the listeners love, but with that underlying chord progression all until the end I predict it's not going to hit, but I could be wrong. So all in all, not bad, is it a hit production. Maybe not so at this point, but I think that if you take the production apart a little and focus on how to develop and modify the chord progression, then I do think it's possible you could make this into a pretty popular upload. So good luck, I hope you follow my advice and I hope to hear the new take on it. Close but only close. Mute da flute. (don't let it destroy the whole production, it punches in a good way but that has to be balanced out by muting it also)

He man, I really appreciate this kind of advice, I wish more people would do that cause this is the feedback which I can work on. Thanks.

I will definitely look into your advice. I was kinda not sure if the kick was right balanced, cause I wanted to have a really punchy loud kick, but its maybe a bit too loud, so I will lower that.

About the chord progression, could you be more specific why its not working? Cause Im not sure If I know whats wrong with it.

The flute muting, do you mean to take it out at some parts? Or just lower the volume?

Thanks .

Back