Fastest Workflor FL, Studio One or Maschine?

swiffy

I keep going back and forth between maschine, fl studio, and studio one. What do you feel as the better workflow for yourself personally. I know it's use all of them, but I going back and forth is killing my time in making music. Suggestions? This is an opinion for what you think. It sucks with so many options. LOL

The problem might just be poor planning on your part. If you jump into a program just hoping to make something happen, then you have a lot of time to wonder if the program is lacking in some areas. Which is probably is. But if you knew exactly what you were trying to do before you even cracked open the program, then your focus would go from the tools you're using to the the music you're trying to make. Try coming at music making from a different angle. I don't know which one has the fastest workflow, but I do know that all of them can get the job done. And certainly going from one to another is just trading one feature/drawback for another. It's best if you can focus on one program so you have less distractions.

I know my programs well and even though they are not necessarily the most popular or newest. You should first think of what your production focus is? VST, Sampling, Live Recording, then choose your DAW based on that.

For instance, I rarely sample, so an MPC would slow me down trying to synch it to VST and outboard midi devices.

the one that you click on the most when you start making music

I know your asking for our opinions but what really matters is which program fits YOU and works best for YOU... sure i could tell you i favor FL Studio(which i do) but it doesnt matter what i think... So the question i have for you is which program do you feel works best for YOU? And thats your answer...

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

And if you cant answer that then you need to read and watch as many youtube videos as you can on the programs you want to use and figure out by learning which program is the one for you.

If I had to give you a "general" answer, then I guess Ableton Live fits all possible workflows (VSTs, sampling, MIDI, audio "mangling", arranging) the best. FL Studio seems to me like the one which is the fastest as far as pattern based producing goes (even though Ableton Live feels as good, depending on your workflow).

The good thing is, that you can become a "master" at any given DAW or sequencer, so someone with Ableton Live and mediocre knowledge of the program will be always beaten by someone who knows Reason "by heart" and he will be beaten by someone who knows Pro Tools better than he knows Reason, etc...

But as far as different workflows and combination of different soundsources goes, I would have to go with Ableton Live. As far as "Digital Audio Workhorse" goes, I would have to go with Reaper, but that's because I come from the Pro Tools/Logic world originally, so I am used to that kinda approach.

I keep going back and forth between maschine, fl studio, and studio one. What do you feel as the better workflow for yourself personally. I know it's use all of them, but I going back and forth is killing my time in making music. Suggestions? This is an opinion for what you think. It sucks with so many options. LOL

I think each of those softwares were designed for a slightly different purpose.

Try to figure out what is the purpose of each program (their strong points) and captilize on them.

It comes down to learning each program though.

You are probably also coming to the realization that every software setup SUCKS at certain things, while being great for other things. So figure out the weak points in FL studio and see if Machine or Studio One has better support there and then use those programs when u need to utilize those situations. Do this for FL, Maschine and S1.

It will probably help you learn all three of those better as well.

Sometimes I spend a month or two using just one program forcing myself to learn it. It can be interesting because I make completely different sounding stuff in other DAWs because their workflows can take me to different directions.

I know my programs well and even though they are not necessarily the most popular or newest. You should first think of what your production focus is? VST, Sampling, Live Recording, then choose your DAW based on that.

For instance, I rarely sample, so an MPC would slow me down trying to synch it to VST and outboard midi devices.

Very well put, if you have been using the equipment for a while then u should have a feel for what kind of track you need to make

Back