Faster workflow than mpc while still banging pads?

ego killer

alright i'm an mpc user at the moment but it's getting tiresome editing samples in soundforge, chopping them in recycle, loading them on the mpc, unplugging the mpc, loading folders, then assigning hits to pads, it takes forever. i want something that works good with a pad controller, that i can assign chops to pads quickly. i imaging there's something out there that can cut the time into a quarter or less. what do you recommend? and can i use an mpc 1000 or 500 as the pad controller? i'd like software that doesn't take forever to learn. would the maschine do this or do i have to go with a legit DAW?

I like kong in Reason a lot.
Save your samples from recycle to rex files, load them in kong or use them through the Dr Octo rex player.
Heard others a lot about Maschine with it's own software being kick ass for their workflow. Ditching everything and every DAW they used before and only using Maschine.
You can basically hook your MPC to any propper DAW of choice.

You should definitely go with Ableton Live, because you don't have to use any extra program like recycle to chop your samples... you can do it right in Ableton by adding so called warp markers and then slicing the sample to a new midi track... you can create a mpc-like preset real quickly as well! just check youtube for videos on warping and mpc style production in ableton...

Are you sure you're using that MPC right? Which one do you have?

You should be able to slice & edit your loops right there on the MPC. Treat your computer as a turnstyle, run a line out to your MPC, play it, sample it, chop it..

There's really no need for a computer.

Back