Fantom X as a controller or Maschine or an Mpd ?

bulgarianprince

Don't really want to buy something I already have so after looking at the Maschine and drooling, I thought,"what the fuk? dont I already have the tool to do the job of controlling Reason or Fruity? So, How the hell do I lock a pad on the Fantom to control specific stuff. Like the Kong or any sampler for that matter? I love the machine and hate the workaround on the Fantom. I'm too freaking impulsive to get my instant gratification with all of the hoops you have to jump through on the Fantom. I mean am I wasting money on a Maschine if i buy one? Is it just another controller like the Mpd32 with bells and whistles or is it a killer tool?

Sincerly, Dougleasilyconfused

Deadly tool. Have owned a fantom, various sequencers and drum machines, piles of stuff... all gone now. Just an Maudio MIDI keyboard/controller and MASCHiNE! The learning curve is pretty steep on it, but after 2 frustrating and intense days it suddenly opens up in your mind. Just bloody amazing, took my beats to the next level, and gave me loads of power for basslines and more. Awesome tool, I use it in every project I make.

Only real difference is the controller (same software). The extra controls are useful. To me it's worth it depending on your intent.

freaking sweet.I cant believe the answers you guys have, you have saved me hours of fukn around trying to figure shit out. thanks..

---------- Post added 07-24-2012 at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-20-2012 at 07:34 PM ----------

I have to admit the Fantom is quite intimidating for programing and saving the changes. Im not a key player and I should never have bought it. If there is an easier way to use the pads to control Kong and the other knobs and switches , I would love to know. I just dontn want to jump from the frying pan and into the fire. I have spent countless hours watching the Pro Audio and Sudosonic Vids and they dont tell me shit for midi mapping and how to save the templates so you odnt have to do the shit everytime you want to start a project. Am I right with this or am I not getting into the Fantom deep enough to use all of the sequencer and mapping the controls? I still really want that damn Maschine though!!

Back