F4F - Tears for Fears "Pale Shelter" Remix

It sounds a bit crazy but I like the Vibe...but it definetly needs a better mixing. All in all a great job!

I don't usually listen to this genre but it sounds pretty sick to me. I really liked both your arrangement and sound selection but I think the mix could be better. You may consider adding some kind of transition at the end of the bars before you bring in the new instruments which I think would make it flow a little better. An extra kick or two, some snares or maybe a rev crash would spice it up a bit. Overall it sounds really good. Keep it up.

feedback

I'm not sure, the synths and the vocals are in key? are you? maybe one was just detuned. But Overall the song is pretty sick. I understand the mix for something like this can be very difficult because of how many sounds are going on.

Has a very unique sound to it, I like the melody and the sound in general. the mixing maybe could use a little work, but it does sounds pretty good already in my opinion :-)

I really like this. Personally I think the kicks have too much of the distortion sound. Nice idea though. It's still something I'd put on my iTunes playlist. Good work.

Pretty sick piece of music. Doesn't need the vocals in my opinion, but that wont make it a remix anymore right? :)
Where you got those synths from? What you using to make this?

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into the reverb.

Where you got those synths from? What you using to make this?
I don't have my music laptop in front of me but I know for sure the bass was from Reaktor Player -> Razor (good synth that's always sub $100, often sub $75). The strings are Kontakt Player, either Factory Selection set (free) or Retro Instruments (pretty cheap), with a gate thrown on it. The blippy synth is Harmless. That's either free with FL Studio or cost like $50. Made in FL Studio.

I don't have my music laptop in front of me but I know for sure the bass was from Reaktor Player -> Razor (good synth that's always sub $100, often sub $75). The strings are Kontakt Player, either Factory Selection set (free) or Retro Instruments (pretty cheap), with a gate thrown on it. The blippy synth is Harmless. That's either free with FL Studio or cost like $50. Made in FL Studio.

Thnx!

The drums in the beggining started to get me pumped.
The synth was a little lack luster to start, but when the sawtooth came in it sorta saved the day.
The acapella is off for sure during the verses. It also gets quite loud during the chorus while the drums just kinda fall out.
That staccato 8-bit synth was tasty, dig it.
All in all, its ok. I think you couldve done more for the song, that chorus needs to have Impact.
Im a big Tears for fears fan, and tbh this doesnt really do it for me.
Keep pushin brutha!

Back