f4f on remix of Michael Jackson'scare about

This time I grabbed my headphones :D

The beginning is really nice, I personally would match the sound of the start to the master sound (this track starts with a lower volume and builds up, which is good as well!). I am not good at mastering, I am producing for a year and all my work comes from normal speakers such as computer and car speakers. Last week I bought these sennheiser hd280 and I am using them right now when I am listening to your track again.

- The background instrument sounds nice but clashes with the other background synths. Did you try to pan the background synths? Or try an autofilter which is sidechained with the kicks and panned as well.
- Maybe a finer touch to the snares would make the track sounds more clearer, the snares may brought up more to the front.
- The vocals are just pro man, MJ !! But it is too overpowered I think, what about that you tweak the reverb a bit. The vocal sounds like if it is recorded in a hall.
- The cymbal crashes can be a bit louder in my opinion.
- What about when you add some high notes to the original lead at endings? For example the synth you have at around 1:38, it would be nice if you add it to around 1:09 when the synth there plays a higher note. (This will create the effect that the synth after the drop at 1:35 becomes more recognizable).

This track is really good man! You need more views :D!

thanks for listening!
I surely want to redo the mix, I think it fits.
I will use your tips the next recording.

and will check other work you have done,

piece

Back