f4f - Funky beat - d'Art Fader - Still

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

d'Art Fader

I just dropped a funky groove you might like...

All samples are made by me, accept for the vocal, but you should recon that right away.

Water, Check Miauw

as always, f4f

d'Art Fader

at this time I can not play music thou my monitors, so will check it in the morning.
thanks you for the feedback.
I will take your tip and work on in, also in the morning.
I made a few new sounds an hour ago, with the synth, maybe I'll use them on the track,
or maybe just stick with instrument on that one, it was kinda nice like that

Cool funky drums, and a good beat idea. I think you could stand some more drum buss compression, more saturation and beefiness to the kick (maybe psp vintage warmer). I just think it would have more impact with beefier drums, maybe more layers to the samples.

but I dig what you did here, very original!

Please take a listen to my latest remix when you have a chance, I would appreciate your feedback as well: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-command-q-blood-stone-new-thread-f4f-475499/

keep it up, great work!

This how I made the track, basically.

I put my sythn on arp, and put it on latch.
Then I played a kick/snare beat by hand, which I recorded in just MIDI.
Played back the MIDI on a arranger-keyboard (those keyboard come with great sounds!!) and played a cymbal pattern, also by hand, which of course I recorded also in MIDI.

Played it back again and played a funky bass-line, you guessed it, by hand (rec. again).
Then I played a little piano groove, by hand.

It started as a down tempo idea.
But I wanted to have some vocals, so I recorded the MIDIgear playing all those recorded parts, and speed-ed that recording up quit a bit (changed the tempo as well as the pitch)
And then I added D.R.E. on top.

Basically.

I had some more idea to play along, making it a bit more musical, but it's fine like this, I will use those idea's for another try to make music. Keeps getting better and better.

thanks guys.
a well, I will layer some kicks and other sounds, to hear how that sounds

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good its funky the sounds seem to class in the track might wanna compress it a lil more it might just be that it doesnt match the vocals that much. Its still a good beat man, keep it up. Nice funky vibe. Feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back