F4F - Don't Cry - R&B Gospel inspired track

Dubh31424

This is a new track that I just made for a Gospel artist I am working with. She wanted to be kind of majestic, but I put my spin on it. Tell me what you think! As always I will return the feedback.

I enjoyed the beat...although I'm not sure I'd call it R&B, it sounds like a trap remix of an R&B song almost haha. That being said I like that pluck melody and the background countermelody, as well as the drum pattern. the 808s are little too clean for my liking, but that's a huge preference thing. My critique would be the beat could use a bit more melodic instrumentation, but otherwise I like what you got man good stuff

I appreciate the feedback! I build the track kind of roomy and not with a lot of instruments because I wanted the artist to have enough room to sing because her voice is powerful and there are going to be backup singers so I believe they will fill some of that instrumentation.

Dub, I love the synths you played the violins & the timpani drums! I also loved the bass drop u put in the verse! The strings that come in in the second part of the verse are sick too!!

If i were you I would add a break where a SNARE comes in instead of the clap.. that might give this trick some cool dynamics. Also in the hook maybe add another percussion and take out the clap? That might make it sound interesting. Your mix sounds really cool tho.. keep up the good work!

Back