EPS vs. EPS 16

Nicro

I found an EPS on Craigslist and I'm pretty sure it a classic(I asked in the email). What is the difference between the two? Would I be better going for a 16 or straight up ASR(which wouldn't happen for quite a while). I found it for $150 so it seems like a good deal, it comes with manuals and disks but is there anything specific I should make sure it comes with. I know it needs an OS disc and I need the manual, anything else?

Thanks

"The EPS was eventually superseded by the EPS 16+ which upgraded the sample-size to 16-bits and added a 24-bit effects system. Other improvements included CD-ROM support in the optional SCSI interface and FlashBank storage for the OS and favourite sounds.
The EPS and EPS 16+ were both succeeded by the Ensoniq ASR-10 which was able to read EPS samples and disks."

I'm pretty sure Xabition has an EPS. I'd wait til he comments in here, or send him a PM he's a knowledgeable guy on these boards.

You hit it on the head I have the classic. Make sure it has the 8 outs if it doesn't you'll have a hard time finding one. The classic is 13 bit and has more sample rates than the 16. The 16 is cleaner of course and its 16 bit. Both are mono the asr is stereo but if u only need a sampler no fx or anything the classic is great. Make sure the memory is maxed and that you have os 2.49 if you don't have 2.49 I can mail u a copy on floppy just paypal me the shipping cost.

the differnce is the orange buttons on the eps classic an the eps 16 has purple it cant be denied ..an the eps classic is 13 biit like like X had metioned plus u need the os ..an the eps 16 is 16 bit so i'd stick with the baby classic .. all kinds of frequency changes an the analog filter oh did i wet my self ..lol got caught up in the gear talk .. haha

Word guys, and thanks Xab for offering the OS. I didn't cop the EPS, its probably still in that shop though. I just ordered an MPC 2000XL maxed out this morning. Once I get a bit more cash I may want to get the EPS to go with it though.

How do I know how much memory it has and what OS the EPS has though? How do I tell?

The disk should say or u can use the eps to check in one of the menus. Mpcs are great but I think for chopping samples the EPS is better either way good luck with your mpc. If u r interested in considering selling my eps because I don't really use it. Great condition final chip update and final os which means u can also use a scsi device if u like

MPC2000XL + EPS is like a diet Kanye setup. He uses an ASR; but the EPS is still dope and can do that golden era boom bap. All about the wax.

Its not even diet lol. Kanye mostly sequences on the mpc I'm pretty sure. Maybe does drums too. Lots of people had that setup and kanyes been known to have the 2000 classic its essentially the same thing. Great combo also I worked that way briefly

The disk should say or u can use the eps to check in one of the menus. Mpcs are great but I think for chopping samples the EPS is better either way good luck with your mpc. If u r interested in considering selling my eps because I don't really use it. Great condition final chip update and final os which means u can also use a scsi device if u like

Word dun, how much would you want?

hey xabiton can u chop samples like the asr 10 on the eps classic. cause everytime i try it doesnt do it? or do u have to take it piece by piece

the asr10 is based on the eps series. as far as chopping samples goes the process is near identical

OS disk

I got a eps 16+ ,but it never camewith the os disk. can any one send me a copy of one ?

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

I got a eps 16+ ,but it never came with the os disk. can any one send me a copy of one ?

I got a eps 16+ ,but it never camewith the os disk. can any one send me a copy of one ?

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

I got a eps 16+ ,but it never came with the os disk. can any one send me a copy of one ?

you can download the OS from emu.com look under the support section or you can buy a disk from ebay they are like $10

Back