EMU Ultra Samplers

M

Mastermindzz

Im looking to buy a new hardware standalone sampler. My choices have been narrowed down to the EMU E5000 or the Akai Z4. Has anyone heard a direct comparison of the two. I also see that the Akai reads EMU library and that's one thing Im interested in is getting the EMU sample cd's.

I haven't tried the Akai Z4/8 but I do own an Emu E6400 Ultra. if you are considering the Emu get it second hand as the prices new are crazy. I paid AUS$1500 which is about 800 US for mine. These are amazing samplers, true sample synthesis at it's finest. I also own an Akai S6000 but I need to get it fixed.

Put it this way, if you but the Emu.... you will not be dissapointed and it will never let you down.

Matt

TRD: what is the main differences between the e6400 ultra and the s6000? I got an e6400ultra.. and thinking of investing in a second sampler since they doesn't cost so much any more (bought my ultra for about $500 with 10gb disc n' stuff.. seen s6000 go for ~$650 with addons). They are goin' to live in 2 different studios.. so i don't gain so much by having different effects, filters and so on. My alternatives right now are to get a second ultra sampler or an akai s5/6000. Got any suggestions? :)
I really like the ultra.. but are the akai's better in some way?

I haven't used the Akai yet as I got it second hand with a damaged part. I'm getting it fixed soon though. The main advantage the s6000 has is the huge removable screen for editing samples and all the extras as standard. 16 outs, loads of ram can be fitted and direct to hard disk recording with the capabilty for huge IDE HD's with the ID2SC card. It's one hell of a workhorse sampler. I reckon the Emu has a bit of pizazz though..... I mean, what a great sampler. This thing does it all. If you know and love the Emu then you could do far worse than getting another one, but of course if you want to mix it up a bit then the s6000 is the next choice.

yeah.. the s6000 looks like a real samplefactory ;)
I guess i should try to borrow one and try it out for a while.. tnx for the quick answer!

Back