EMU E Ultra sampler questions

P

PHILFINITY

I recently picked up an EMU E4xt ultra. I am having problems getting into it. Does anyone know of any websites that give some info or even tutorials? Also I have the CDs that came with the sampler. I figured I would pop in a sample cd into my CDrom drive and pul the sound I wanted off onto a floppy and then get the sample into the machine. When I place a CD in my computer the disk does not read any info. Are the sound flies unreadable by my computer? If so does that mean that this sampler does not read WAV files? Meaning if I take a wav file of my comp onto a floppy disk andthen insert that disk into the drive of the sampler, can it read that sound? I need some help guys! -Phil

If you flip in Akai, Emu, or Roland formatted CDs, your computer won't now what to do with them. Check out a program called CDXtract from http://www.cdxtract.com . This will allow you to read sample CDs on your computer and convert them.

A better alternative would be to buy a CD-Rom drive specifically for your sampler. That way you can load the sample CDs into the sampler and it would be automatically mapped and ready to play. Be careful though because you have to make sure the CD rom drive you get is compatible with your sampler. Emu should have a list online of which drives work. This is my biggest complaint about hardware samplers which is why I've sold 2 of them already. Why can't they make all drives compatible, or better yet, why don't the just include a CD rom drive instead of a useless floppy drive like the Akai CD3000.

You can also check out the EMU site and join the EMU users list for that sampler. They all pretty much work the same. I own the EMU Ultra Synth and I am happy with it. I also got a Yamaha CDRW drive hooked up to it so when I import CDs i simply pop em in and store in IDE Cheetah Hard Drive that I installed on it.
It reads most formats like AKAI, WAV and AIFF....check it out and let me know what happens. You don't need a high price external cd drive by the way.....just find out what the compatilibity is with that E4XT....good luck :D

Regards,
Andrew

(LR45) Is the CARD READER a piece of hard or software ?? i do not use the floppy on my EMU. Just CDs vai a ROM PLATER and SCSI. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back