Edirol Orchestra vs. ReFX Nexus Dance Orchestra

I was kinda annoyed that they didnt put a piano on their either but on the GPO vst it has a steinway one

Great sounding piano too considering its size compared to other dedicated piano libs .

You know , I f my memory serves me I got GPO as part of the group buy promo for like $79 or $99 . It is worth every bit of the $199 (twice that much really) .

Last edited:
I like to work fast and roll through patches to find what I want and GPO is the only vst ever made where the patches load up at zero volume and have to be turned up, they ever fix that?

Last edited:
GPO loading certain patches at a volume which "needs to be turned up" is because of the performance control scheme, not because of some bug which needs to be fixed. Instead of just being about the position of the volume control, it's a set of crossfading layers which you can "ride" while you're playing. The way it's set up is very good for the price, actually.

When auditioning the patches, you'll want to flick the appropriate performance control for the intensity anyway, so it's not really any slower to go through the patches.

Last edited:
erbium said:

I have Garritan. I haven't used it much. I normally dislike the interface on most Native Instrument products. I also have Miroslav Philharmonik still in a box somewhere. I bought it back in January. I'm waiting for Sampletank 2.5 before I install it again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edirol is fine in my opinion. Of course, gpo is better, but the engine used is much, much newer than edirols.....you really cannot compare the two. But keep in mind that it was used throughout the 90's on tv shows like mcgiver, ect, so the sounds aren't wack by any means. Plus the install is small, doesn't hog resources, and has an easier interface to work with than any other vst's that have been mentioned in this thread. Never liked reason so I can't comment on nexus. East West collection is good, but GPO has a better value.....why waste all that space on samples?

Just my two cents-

the Philharmanik is not good. ive tried edirol , symphonic orchestra silver , philharmonik and some other one. the best one is between edirol and symphonic orchestra . im gonna check out the gold one though

Ive got this Nexus expansion...Yes the sound is fantastic clean, tha samples are of great quality, but its really made for House and Dance music, so you simply cant take much of it.
There is a Piano sound that is 100% copy of Just Blaze - Breath (Supertramp) piano. Reall good. Jurasic Brass is great in the lower keys.Pizzicato is a HUGE piece of $hit here. I like the Mellow String patch, it sounds really powerfull in the lower part and really soft in the middle.

Lol @ Edirol orchestra. Well this was 2007. Of course nowadays if you don't have an actual symphony you can call up when you feel like making a beat you're more then likely using a pristine Kontakt library, such as Cinematic strings, Session strings, Broadway Big Band, Anything by 8dio and spitfire etc.. etc... Does edirol even exist anymore? lol Compared to these kontakt libraries edirol sounds like a gm bank.

Nexus is undeniable with the right expansions. Hollywood 1and 2 Dance Orchestra (still to this day) are all beastly. Futuristic arps, crank etc...

Back