ED/Deep House production

DennisAjax

Recently I've started producing EDM. I have played the guitar before so I have some music theory knowledge. Because i own a iMac i started with Logic Pro X but I don't know if this is the best choice for producing EDM. What do you guys think? Logic looks easier (GUI) and better then Ableton Live (Logic has better EQ and effects etc?) but last week I started with Ableton and that looks easier to work with if you are using a lot of samples etc. So which DAW do you use?

My hardware config right now:

iMac 2013 2,9, 8gb RAM
(Crappy) JVC speakers
Shure SRH840

Most of the time I am monitoring with the Shure because it sounds better and I don't have to turn the volume down so I don't lose a lot of dynamics. What do you guys recommend to buy next? I am searching for a MIDI keyboard. Is the Novation launchkey 49 a good choice? Mixers, Ableton controllers and drumpads aren't necessary (yet)?

Hope u guys will help me out. If someone wants to explain it to me via Skype then u can let me know ;)

(Yes I have a lot of samples and plugins (Battery, Trilian, ANA, Sylenth, Massive etc)

Last edited:
drumpads arent needed but welcome if you dont like using the mouse.as is midi keyboards.as is anything else that isn't monitors, headphones or microphones and usb interfaces.

you have all you really need in my opinion... deep house melodies aren't really played on a keyboard unless your using an arp or soemthing

Back