Easier way to edit sounds!

odd

The short version:
Is it possible to make the computer send a midi signal to trigger the keyboard?

A bit longer version:
Hi. I was sitting with a friend programming on my Nord Lead 2x the other day, and i realized that it was a lot easier editing the sounds when he was playing the notes while i was tweaking.
And i was just wondering if there is a way to make my keyboard play the same synth hook over and over again without me touching the keys? Is it possible to make the computer send a midi signal to trigger the keyboard?

Yes, of course. That's really all that sequencers did before computers had enough punch to handle audio (not to even mention plugins!)! MIDI out from your interface to MIDI in on the NL - then it's just a matter of selecting the right (=same) channel at both ends.

Thank you
Can you recommend any programs to download if i want to send MIDI to my keyboard?

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

I have got a M-audio USB-MIDI in and out cable can i use that?

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

I've read this on another forum:
"Yeah, you'll just need a program to sequence it (most of the DAW's on the market offer that), and an interface that can send MIDI.

Personally I run ProTools out through a Digi 002 into my hardware."

Do i need the hardware: Digi 002, or is it possible for the computer itself to send the Midi output with that cable?

You already have a MIDI interface in the form of that cable so no, you don't need anything else. As for the software, you'd just use whatever DAW you're using - not many out there that won't send MIDI out.

Back