Does anyone have this setup???

BlackImpact

I bet your momma loves me
I am trying to hook up my MPC 2000 XL as the Master (sequencer) to my M-Audio Axiom 61's 5 pin Din MIDI connection, then I want to go from my Axiom USB to my computer to control my plugins. So far when I hook it up, I can control my plugins (Hypersonic 2) with my MPC and record the MIDI notes played on the MPC's sequencer or I'd have to switch up the keyboard input and I could play the notes on my Axiom but not record the MIDI notes on the MPC's sequencer. Now from what I'm used to is both my keyboard (MIDI Controller) and MPC would work together meaning I could play either-or at any given time and get the response I expect. This setup however is not working in such a way though. I have read the manual several times and this problem has me stumped for real. I also plan to use Reason in this setup (Yes I have seen the Sparq video but since it's for the 1000, I can't really understand it). Can someone please help.
Peace
S II

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="https://clients4.google.com/voice/embed/webCallButton" width="230" height="85"><param name="movie" value="https://clients4.google.com/voice/embed/webCallButton" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="FlashVars" value="id=bbf06f5661dca5179f91b0226b94d0e0ff622b67&style=0" /></object>

ur gonna want/need a midi interface for the sequencing issue the usb wont do it. ur gonna want to go controller ->mpc->interface then once the info is in the mpc let the sequence run inside of ur daw for tracking purposes because u wont be able to track the audio in most daws

I understand. I know how to track the audio bro. My only issue was I was trying to use the USB MIDI built into the Axiom since my Turtle Beach USB MIDI cable stopped working.
Peace
S II

You ultimately want to use your MPC to record and sequence the MIDI notes from your MIDI keyboard and then play those notes via your plug ins on your computer right?

Yep.
Peace
S II

---------- Post added 05-30-2010 at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was 07-31-2009 at 01:19 AM ----------

I figured it out about nine months ago. For the people who want to know, you have to set the MIDI setting on the Axiom controller. No need for an extra MIDI Interface.
Peace
S II

Back