DOES ANYBODY WORK WITH MACKIE TRACKTION 2 ?? LET ME HERE YOUR FEEDBACK please

Ive used it... tho not extensively.

I thought it was really really good for what it set out to be - a really simple, easy to use DAW.

Whether or not youre gonna like it depends on what youre personally trying to accomplish with it: is this your first DAW? How familiar are you with the way most DAWs work?

If you are starting from scratch you might like it. If not, I doubt you will - its pretty different from your standard DAW.

Overall, I'd recommend Reaper instead for someone one a budget.

Tracktion had some cool concepts, but it really looks like it's been discontinued - no word from Mackie since, what, 2008 or so? I wouldn't really build on it, even though the last version was pretty solid. Reaper is a great suggestion.

i have been using Mackie Tracktion 2 for about 5 years. I really enjoy using it. The best thing it is very easy to pick up with a small learning curve. It maybe missing alot of features that they other software DAW's have but it get's the job done for me.

I actually own Traction. I got a free version with one of my little Mackie mixers. It was a fresh approach, and I really liked it, but for some reason it just didn't run as efficiently as Sonar or even Live. It just didn't seem to use my quad core processor efficiently, and I could really tell the difference when using soft synths. I waited for an update, but then it was evident that they were no longer developing it anymore. It's a shame that no one chose to pick up this product and further develop it. It could have really really been a big contender with it's slimmed down easy to use interface.

Back