Do I need a audio interface for a sound module/rack mount?

devioz

Whats good yall how is the music life....i just got started on hardware and gave up on software after so many years.

I have a Roland VS-880, a MPC 2000XL, a Mobilepre USB for my Dell PC, and sum Alesis M1Active USB monitors.

I'm thinking of buying a E-MU Proteus 2000 and I was wondering if I need a good audio interface or firewire for it?

Looks like yr gonna need uh mixer. Then you can record it all into yr Mobile Pre USB. You should just need uh Midi Cable and some 1/4'' cords. I ordered all that shit today with my Planet Phatt module. Search Behringer 5-Channel Mixer. or 8-Channel for like $10-15 more. I'm uh lil new to hardware too, N I ain't never seen that Roland VS-880. Hope I helped though..

Need to bite the bullet and get back into software , it's a sensible way if money constrains .
Can track your stuff into the AI as audiotracks , two by two .
Then move on to VSTi/plugs :)

Build , build , build till the compy screams for oxygen ;)

Thanks ya'll for replying.

We'll the Mobilepre older model kinda sucks so im considering getting a Lexicon Omega since it has a midi input/output. Just wondering if there is a specific audio interface that would be perfect for hardware sound modules (latency, etc.).

Hardware is really the way to go. Your not going through the whole trouble of scrolling all over your computer screen. Devices like the MPC 2000XL and a recorder and mixer are easy to learn, user-friendly, and give percise velocty and power that soft synths and vst's can't.

Back