DJing step 1?

Sequence2

What is the best way to start learning how to Dj? I have been producing over the last year and now I think its about time for me to learn how to Dj. I was wondering if anyone could suggest the best method to approach the turn tables? I assume I should read the manual first (I own the tractor kontrol s4), then from there perhaps purchase a book with a variety of techniques and what not to start my mixing? If so, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for good books in regards to mixing EDM (specifically trance and progressive house). If anyone has any other suggestions in regards to how I should get started any feedback is appreciated.
Thanks!

Just start mixing songs, creating sets, and recording them. Simple and easy. First learn how to mix well. Also, beatmatching will get you some respect in the community of djing.

Focus on your beat matching before you step into your mixing and scratching...timing is vital.

start by learning to mix and then basic scratching..dont rely on any bpm software or anything that'll make your life easier..it only holds u back in the long run

Back