DIVERSITY in doing music

Diversity is something that is needed in every genre but what confuses creators and listeners is market expectations and Hip Hop gets and is too caught up in adhering to standards set by pioneers that only historians know and (maybe used to and still do) love. The main thing Hip Hop needs is both more adult female voices and adult of either gender who aren't stuck in outdated gender roles that are akin to stereotypes (think how many people still feel that any Black man who isn't degrading himself or women in songs - and let's never confuse positive images and/or lyrics with "gender equality" - as "soft").

Last edited:
true words spoken sir, that's dope, that's what I believe, WHY are we so subject to ONE WAY or NO WAY, why can't you be different, why can't you go left instead of right. I do R&B, POP, FUNK and HIP HOP , why, cause Im good at all of them. Creativity is the key, I can't stand when someone says they made a beat in 10 minutes, and you're PROUD of that, and since I can play, I can duplicate what you did.

Creating a sound ala: Teddy Riley - New jack, Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis - Minneapolis sound of course PRINCE, but also JUST BLAZE, those are creative and created tracks. To each his own, music isn't what it used to be anymore.

Back