Did the internet pan out for anybody?

BiggRome 2.0

Can you dig it ?
Wasn't the internet supposed to be the independent entrepreneurs dream?

People that sell junk from yard sales on E-Bay make more than the average internet artist / producer.

The new boon is selling e-books on Amazon, you can self-publish and people are reading books that are under 50 pages. They have to fill up their Kindles that they got for Christmas... (but now everybody is doing that.... already)

But! You have e-commerce carts, audio players, wiz bang graphics, sites with built in traffic....

... so what went wrong? Beats went from $50 to $0.99

??? discuss (trying to kill 15 minutes here)

Last edited:
Shit. I remember when I could click on a vid clip without a dam ad. Now I can't even click on a damn sport clip with watching some bs commercial.

Econ 101...

supply_and_demand.gif

The internet is IN YOUR FACE with so much information and so many choices and more & more people are trying to have their own little slice of fame and followers instead of doing the following. And digital products became so easy to get ahold of for free.

I think people are having to compromise more and more to keep the internet's attention on them and not get lost in the sea of info

I don't know why people thought they were going to outsmart and outearn corporations by selling stuff on the internet. That dotcom bubble got a lot of suckers to invest and spend. The businessman made out with all the money as usual.

The www. is about to be a dinosaur in the next 5 years. Internet will be on some simpler cable T.V type shit. More advanced for the gamer world. Game consoles and the net........beatmakers jump on it. We are not talking just your PS3, Wii, Xbox games either.

Tell yo boys to quit developing games for rockers and skaters. More hip hop for gamers. JayZ hoggin and shit.......basketball is all we got MAN.....DAMN!!! Lettuce get a head!

Man............still not a beatmaking game for 360 or PS3...........Hell is wrong with people? 3rd party developers know what's up....they need to get it in.

Timbo flopped..........not many people have a PSP.......they might have but pawned it to get a sack...gave it to their child...or got their money back.

Hell is going on? Shit man.....I saw a VST that I wouldn't mind having.........but it cost too much.....and the shit looks worse than free shit...If I see a free VST that looks like it I would pass....fuuck is wrong with them? But hey......the shit probably selling....maybe he will get someone to jump on the look and slaughter everything...........well.......Big Fish has been doing his idea and has done it to a great level of excellence.......for $50 more. They have a lot of catching up to do. Bet they hope people are fooled into their product before they Find out about Big Fish's product based on the same idea.......with waaaaaaay more features.

And damn man........Big Fish got the right ideas. But I don't need more sounds......sell me the drums from that shit for a lesser price.

You can colab with a dude online in real time who has all kinds of shit you ain't got.........for a price though. lol! Might as well save that money and get all of the shit he got in the virtual world.

Hahahaha.......you want to download the East West composer collection for free online.......but you have no more room for it and it's going to take forever......like 5 days......you still going to have to pay for storage of that sumbitch. Sucks huh? Fuuck it.......might as well get Nexus 2.

Last edited:
Im not ballin but I'm doin alright. We get a lot of biz from online advertising for studio time, from there people buy beats, mixing etc. A big percentage of my biz starts with the internet honestly.
Anno domini posted in here recently showing 10k plus for a month from online sales, thats winning to me.
Its just like anything else, a small percentage of people excel, some do aight, the large majority fail, complain and move onto something else. Just like door to door sales, sellin beats in person, shiit selling dope even lol.
Me personally, I'd be working a job I didnt care about and makin beats for fun if it wasn't for the internet probably.

Twanbeatmaker from SC used to post here when he was just starting out as well and he apparently makes up to 15k a month nowadays

Depends how you look at it, I have a pretty sweet job due to the fact that the organization I work for likes to have the ability to communicate and share information all over the globe. Without the internet I don't really think that it is possible and I definitely wouldn't have a cushy, well paying job with plenty of time to browse FP and Reddit.

EDIT: Want to test my soundcloud hold up.

Last edited:
Back