Delayed LFO trick

Daniel Carroll

Anyone know how to make this affect that's in the lead synth in Supreme by Mercer? The saw lead has an LFO that has like an attack on it and it's only audible on longer notes? Can you do this on Sylenth1?

Anyone know how to make this affect that's in the lead synth in Supreme by Mercer? The saw lead has an LFO that has like an attack on it and it's only audible on longer notes? Can you do this on Sylenth1?
Yes you can do it in sylenth. set a modulation envelope to control the LFO gain and then put up the attack on that envelope so the LFO will come in slowly

I use thor but that sounds like an automation process plus modmatrixing or adsring the filter envelope being lfo'd on.

I applyed a modulation envelope to a basic sawtooth. Applyed LFO gain 1 in the envelope and raised the attack. It does something but it's not right.

Rather apply LFO to the oscillator(s), then the mod envelope to control the LFO gain - or mod amount if it's even a mod target (this might be the subtly trickiest part of Sylenth - I can't really think of another synth with separate LFO gain & mod amount...).

Back