Dark sounding genres ?

BeatsByD

I been looking for samples for a while now and there is too many happy sounding songs out there lol.

Is there a genre that makes a dark instrumental music or something. I found out about Neoclassical Dark Wave, but there most be more out there.

I been looking for samples for a while now and there is too many happy sounding songs out there lol.

Is there a genre that makes a dark instrumental music or something. I found out about Neoclassical Dark Wave, but there most be more out there.
There are hundreds of dark sounding genres out there. Dark Ambient, Powernoise, Neurofunk, Darkstep, Doom Metal, Drone...

Thanks will check these out.

Hoping that it aint on some satanic type shit lol

you don't have much of satanic worshipping on neurofunk or darkstep. But with drone, doom metal it's more likely for it to occur. there are also some black metal bands that are pretty obscure, although not purely satanic.

There is a lot of variables to this equation man.
Sound design will get you there instantly, can turn barbecue chicken noises into gushed meat and stomping on a watermelon gives you cracked bones and spines.snap a carrot?Cracked a ganados neck with a suplex sound effect.(might have to find some bug noises and a vacuum cleaner for that type of monster with the octopus coming out of it)

Pads, well pads are different.You can go in any direction with that.time-stretching anything really.a yawn, a toilet slowed down a few times...an animal making noises, the average person saying random words in a different language.Certain popular artists also sound amazing slowed down a few times as well.If you're patient you can make anything into everything else.

Dark Ambient, Dark Wave, Darkcore, Dark House, Dark Electro, Darkstep, Many more but these are the ones I know off hand.

Back