CUBASE VST

Liet

Crazy Clubber
HMM.

Ok, I've downloaded the demo of VST 3.7

Now... I know how to score and everything in cubase, but how can I disable its audio output so I can run reality with it?

Also: I know my soundcard should support several sound utils to run at the same time, but I can't seem to do it anyway.

Any suggestions / programs?

[Edited by Dj Chriss on 11-05-2000 at 07:00 AM]

This is something I ran into several times when I was using Reality for all my stuff. That's why I was using Cakewalk, because its so light CPU-wise

By the way, Cubase VST/32 5.0 is out, its the bomb

To disable audio: Options > Audio Setup > Enable/Disable audio

If you select the DirectX sound port, you *may* be able to run several programs together. However, I am aware of this lack of "Wave channels", which you need one per application in order to really run smoothly.

Some soundcards can have dozens of channels on demand (Pulsar II Creamware is like this).

I am thinking... How about the utility D-Lusion has? There is something there to *emulate* audio channels on your soundcard.. very very cool

URL: http://www.d-lusion.com/products/das/index.html

I believe it can only run D-Lusion software.
How about Soundblaster Live Value?

damn it can only run Dlusion software? mmhhh... I didn't know that.

You should be able to run multiple software on one channel if you choose "DirectX WAVE output". Although, cubase is tough at using resources, and so is Reality.

I thought your soundcard was creating several audio channels (ie Audio CH1, Audio CH2, etc..)?

Well, it is supposed to, but it doesn'y.

I've got the "no software" version.
I only got the drivers and a media player.

It should be able to support 12 stereo output devices. It annoys me a great deal.

The only time it does this (it doesn't show anywhere though) is when I run Cooledit and SynC modular together.
Then theres no problem with two devices.

I can playback waves in Cooledit and run SynC at the same time.

[Edited by Dj Chriss on 11-05-2000 at 11:59 AM]

Dj Chriss said:
I've got the "no software" version.
I only got the drivers and a media player.
It should be able to support 12 stereo output devices. It annoys me a great deal.

mmhh.. is there any way you can get the drivers that would enable those audio channels?

I don't think soo. You see the reason that Hoontech is so cheap is that you'll have to do everything yourself.
I've tried to find the rigth drivers, but so far no result.

Allrigth. So far great news:
I suddently have three audio applications running smooth, and at the same time.
1: Reality, running on DirectX
2: SynC Modular, running on DirectX
3: My new (great! Cheap!) sequencer, Digital Orchestrator, running the two programs and also controlling my Digital audio ports.

This means, one sequencer, two softsynths and then I can run vocals on Dig. Orch.

Now, I just need to find out how this all happened.
CooooooaaaaL!! :cool:

Try and add WinAmp to the list!
How can it be that it all suddently decide to work? Buzz is the one exception, I'll send a message to the crew at jeskola. Maybe they'll come up with something.

It's amazing how cool mysic you can make with Rality and SynC Modular put together.

My own Reality-Patches for TB303 is better than most other programs, because they're so flexible. You can make that really distorted "Wau!" bass that has become so popular.

Also, Sync Modular allows me to use Cross delay while I can use normal multi-tap on reality.

How's that for a setup?

Mano! Do you know how to make legato in reality?
- Off topic. I'll post it somewhere else.

[Edited by Dj Chriss on 11-07-2000 at 05:43 AM]

Cubase vst setup

Hi Chriss,Mano

it looks like you guys are the people to talk to.

At this moment in time a mate of mine is building me a PC
so that i can setup myself a virtual Studio.

PC Spec
processor 1G
ram 384
soundcard soundblaster live 5.1 platinium

I have been reading up on cubase,recycle,rewire,rebirth,reason

Could you do me a large favour and give me some advise/pointers on what i need to look out for when setting my system up.(excuse me if the questions sound a little nieve.)

Example
Q.Speakers,studiospace & sound ? The room i will be using is 9ft X 4ft .
I spoke to some guy who recomended that i buy moniter speakers.Would you agree or could you recommend something else

Q.Have you used Reason and what do you think.
I mean I think rebirth is the buisness.
could you recommend any other software

Q.Does rewire allow me to interface Cubase with recycle,rebirth & reason and other software.

Thanks for your time
Logic71

Back